I love making this bread in the fall. The aroma is mouthwatering.—Vicki Raboine, Kansasville, Wisconsin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream sugars, butter and eggs. Add flour, pumpkin, water, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into four greased and floured 6-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until breads test done. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread in Country Woman November/December 1993, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review