- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream sugars, butter and eggs. Add flour, pumpkin, water, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into four greased and floured 6-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until breads test done. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread(4)
Sort By :
YUMMY! I made this and decreased sugar to 1 1/2 cups, used a whole 15 oz can of pumpkin and decreased water to 1/4 cup. I am in high altitude country and it was awesome. I'm making it again for a potluck and put the entire recipe in a 9 x 13 pan.
WOW!!! This is wonderful. I tried it with chocolate chips and without. I made mini loaves which only took 20 minutes to cook, I tried them as muffins which only took 12 minutes to cook, and I made a larger loaf which took 40-45 minutes. This recipe is a definite keeper. Think I will possibly be making these as Christmas gifts.
I love this recipe. I used the whole 15oz. can of pumpkin. why not. Better than waisting it.
This recipe is awesome. I made half of the batter into muffins. They are so moist it is unbelievable.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bread Recipes >