Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Sort By :
The recipe 'As is'..... Took an extra 15 minutes in the oven which made it drier than it should have been. Very heavy and filling for the lack of flavor you get. Didn't use the frosting.When my husband only eats half a piece and my daughter doesn't ask for more, I know not to make it again. I usually take some to share at work...but not this one. Too heavy and bland.
First time with this receipe, the baking time took extra 15 mins. almost burnt the bottom. But the flavor was great. Everybody loved it. I will make this again. Thanks for the tip about the choc. chips.
I have made this cake several times and it has always turned out perfect. I have even added a little Rum in it and made A Rum Chocolate Chip cake. That was a big hit also. In baking I learned from the first time you have to leave it in at least 15 min longer. But it also depends on your stove.
The chocolate chip poundcake is wonderful. Although, I followed the recipe just as it stated, it fell the first time I made it. I took it out of the oven right on time and it was not done. I had to add an additional 10 minutes to the baking time the 2nd time that I baked it.
Very good. Moist and delicious. I took the advice and did without the glaze and just dusted it with powdered sugar and it was plenty sweet. Also, if you dust the chocolate chips in flour before you add them they won't just sink to the bottom of the batter they'll be evenly distributed. I will definitely make this again!