- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
"I just made this cake today for Easter and it was delicious! I used dark chocolate chips for the glaze. Make sure you grease the pan well as part of my cake got stuck. I will definitely make this again!"
"I adjusted for altitude and substituted half the sour cream for yogurt. I used a bigger tube pan so it was ready in 45 minutes and was moist. I didn't read the reviews before doing it: didn't dust the chips and they sank. I will try dusting them next time. Didn't use the glaze, and everybody loved it."
"I made some adjustments to the recipe because I didn't have sour cream. So I used softened cream cheese. After mixing all of the ingredients together the batter seemed dry so I added milk until the batter was the right consistency. I baked the cake on 350 for about an hour an 10 minutes. I did make the glaze as well. The cake turned out wonderfully. I think using the cream cheese and milk made the cake lighter. I will definitely make this cake again!"
"I just made the cake...turned out delicious... I did change the recipe a bit... I used 2 sticks of butter, 5 eggs, and 2-1/2 cups of sour cream. Very moist, good with a cup of coffee or tea. I also baked it on @ 325 for 2 hours. It's a hit in my house... Nice Christmas cake dusted with powder sugar."
"The recipe 'As is'..... Took an extra 15 minutes in the oven which made it drier than it should have been. Very heavy and filling for the lack of flavor you get. Didn't use the frosting.When my husband only eats half a piece and my daughter doesn't ask for more, I know not to make it again. I usually take some to share at work...but not this one. Too heavy and bland."