Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
My mom has been making this cake for 30 years. Dotted with chips and topped with a chocolate glaze, it is absolutely divine, I once got up at 5 a.m. to bake a cake before work so the ladies in my office could enjoy it warm from the oven. They loved it! —Michelle Werts Brookville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 630 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC