Of all the cookies I prepare at Christmas, these are the most popular. My husband and sons gobble them up so fast, I make at least three batches!—Lynne Ogg, Cedar, Minnesota
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, pudding mix and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Chip Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p134
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review