Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in the sugars, flour, butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into pie shell.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 756 calories, 47g fat (18g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pie
"I actually had tried this recipe when it appeared in 1997. I decided to make it again 7/29/14. I DID use almond extract in place of the vanilla extract. I also omitted the nuts! I added 1/8 cup all-purpose flour in with the chocolate chips & added SOME Andes Mint baking bits along with the chocolate chips! I beat the eggs with my KA stand mixer and used the wire whisk-I beat 10 minutes! The eggs got foamy! I didn't cool the butter-I simply added it along with the canola oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar and flour-It worked out well!I baked at the 325o F. oven temperature and for 1-1/4 hours! What I DID DO: was save PART of the cream topping from the Southern Ambrosia Apple pie and I spread it on top of the chocolate chip pie! I think that this added a nice touch to this pie and I was able to use the topping for BOTH the Southern Ambrosia Apple pie and Chocolate Chip pie! Ellen Benninger, I want to thank you for sharing this recipe! It is DEFINITELY a keeper for me!delowenstein"
"My family loves this pie! I've made it several times since it first appeared back in 1997. It's one of my day's favorites."
"This is a great recipe with the following changes. I reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and used 3/4 brown sugar making the total sugar 1 cup and not 1 1/2 cups. I also added a 1/4t kosher salt to add depth of flavor. I reduced the chocolate chips to 3/4 cup and pecans to 3/4 cup for spectcular results. It was way to sickening sweet without these changes. I also prefer to use coconut oil insead of canola. My pie baked up perfect at about 30-40 minutes. Tastes best chilled overnight to set flavor."