Comments field editor Ellen Benninger of Greenville, Pennsylvania, "This dessert delights chocolate lovers and carries very well to a picnic."
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in the sugars, flour, butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p10
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review