This pie is a treat we've been serving for many years. We have customers who never vary their dessert order from this pie. Many people order it topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.—Ruth Aldridge, Durant, Mississippi
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Add butter and mix well. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p51
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review