- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
"Excellent cookie with good peanut butter flavor. I used hershey mini kisses in place of semi sweet chips. I also used whole wheat pastry flour instead of all purpose. They turned out lovely. I think it is a good size batch."
"Love cookies?? Oatmeal? Peanut butter! Chocolate chip?? Have a all three in this one easy to make cookie. It combines the taste of these three beloved cookie classics. No need to fridge dough. As a volunteer field editor with Taste of Hime I enjoy recipes that use classic ingredients with a new twist."
"Very good! I didn't have chunky peanut butter on hand so just used the creamy peanut butter. Turned out great."
"Good cookies. Not having chunky peanut butter, I chopped up some peanuts and added them along with the chocolate chips. Easy to make."
"This recipe was great and very simple. I love the peanut butter and chocolate flavors together. I made these gluten free by using gluten free flour and oats. I will be making these again!"
"This recipe is my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe! We love this cookie!"
"Easy & quick to prepare. YUMMY!! My husband really doesn't care for anything with peanut butter in it but he ate 3 cookies before they even cooled! I used creamy peanut butter but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Excellent cookie!"
"This was a very good cookie. The peanut butter made this recipe. Will make again."
"I used chunky peanut butter and it gave them an awesome little crunch."
"these are super good!!! i would really like to double this next time. we gave some to our neighbor and actually missed them ; )"