Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
"Here's a different version of the traditional favorite cookie that I think is especially good," notes Clarice Schweitzer of Sun City, Arizona.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 310 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC