- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Sort By :
these are super good!!! i would really like to double this next time. we gave some to our neighbor and actually missed them ; )
easy to make and taste good....
I baked these cookies this PAST week and took them into the hospital for the volunteer office. This recipe I have used in times past as well! It's a really great recipe to use when cookies are needed for any special occasion! I used quick oats, 1/2 cup each packed brown sugar & granulated sugar, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips & 1/2 cup peanut butter chips to enhance the flavor. I also used 1/2 tsp. salt & 1 Tbsp. corn syrup when creaming the butter and sugars together! I used creamy peanut butter instead of chunky and the cookies came out well! I also greased the baking sheets for easier removal of the cookies. I rate this as an excellent cookie recipe to use ANYTIME! NOTE: I baked these cookies again 7/18/14. I'd used this time: 1 cup of multi-colored baking chips ("Springtime" Nestle's baking chips in chocolate, pink and yellow). I baked the cookies 8 minutes! The first batch I had baked 10 minutes, but found them to be more browned than was needed! So I scaled the time to 8 minutes and to me, the time worked out better! These continue to be a 5* rating! delowenstein
These were so quick and easy to make and very delicious!
We made them for the first time yesterday and are making a triple batch today because all of the cookies from yesterday