Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder and salt. IN another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with chocolate syrup and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
2 pancakes (calculated without chocolate syrup and whipped cream) equals 367 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.