These feather-light pancakes dotted with chocolate chips are one of my family's favorite breakfasts. For even more chocolate flavor, I sometimes stir 2 tablespoons baking cocoa into the batter.—Michelle Harbour, Lebanon, Tennessee
Recommended: Favorite Fall Pancake Recipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup and whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder and salt. IN another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with chocolate syrup and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pancakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p148
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"Batter is too runny and does not stand up to the chocolate chips! Would definantly need to be altered!"