Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
This recipe is a favorite of mine to make for special occasions like birthday or holidays. If you want to make it extra special, serve the pancakes with berries and whipped cream.Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 16 pancakes (1 cup whipped cream).
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pancakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p34
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2010
No need for syrup with this recipe. The whipped cream compliments the flavour of the pancake beautifully!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >