Chocolate lovers in Laura Rader's household rush to breakfast when these fluffy pancakes are on the menu. "I use chocolate milk and miniature chocolate chips in the batter," writes Laura from Fergus Falls, Minnesota. "Topped with butter and fruit, they're our daughter's all-time favorite."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Sliced strawberries and bananas
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk, oil, vanilla and chocolate chips. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle (stir the batter before pouring each batch). Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is brown. Top with strawberries and bananas. Yield: about 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pancakes in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p12
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review