- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"Stop looking! This is the best oatmeal chocolate cookie recipe! Not only did it make a lot of cookies, each cookie looked great- baked for 10min then let them sit on cookie sheet. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home, friends and family expect great cookies from my kitchen, these cookies did not disappoint!"
"Perfect cookies and easy to make!"
"These cookies were simple to make. I omitted the nuts (food allergy) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. They were delicious! This recipe makes plenty of cookies so I froze half. This just might be my "go to" chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on!"
"These cookies were easy to make and my husband loved them. It's the only chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe he has liked. I make an entire batch and freeze most of it so there's always a nice treat without having to bake constantly."