- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"These were really just okay. The dough was really dry and I hoped the cookies would be less so as the butter melted, but they weren't. It might have been because I used old fashion oats instead of quick-cooking. Running the old fashion oats through the food processor might have helped with the texture. I really dislike crisp cookies so I made them a little bigger than the rounded tsp and baked them for 8 minutes, but found even that to be too long! I ended up baking for 6 minutes and letting cool on the cookie sheet for 1.5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. They didn't really spread at all. I used chocolate pudding mix because that's what I had and I think it was too chocolatey; I also decreased the chips to 1.5 cups. Sorry, but I won't be repeating these. I'm beginning to lose faith in the TOH recipes. This is the 5th or 6th one in a row that hasn't wow'ed me."
"Great cookie recipe. I left out the nuts just because I am not a fan, but these still turned out really good. However, where the recipe says to drop by round teaspoonfuls, they mean really rounds ones. I tried just regularly rounded to begin with and my cookies were about the size of a silver dollar. They still tasted good, but they were a little hard. In the next batch I REALLY rounded up the teaspoon and got the correct size of cookie and it was softer in the center.The only thing I might change next time is to try adding some raisins!"
"I made these twice over Memorial weekend to bring to two different events and these were a huge hit at both places. I think this may be the best chocolate chip recipe yet !!!!!"
"These cookies are fantastic!!! I followed the recipe exactly and my cookies came out perfectly! Best Choc. oatmeal cookie recipe i've come across!"
"Excellent cookie ti enjoy with a cup of coffee! My granddaughter wanted to bake cookies today. We did. The only change we had to make was ;not enough of regular choc. chips- Used to different brands as well as size of chip. Baked each batch for only 10 minutes."