- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
I followed the recipe EXACTLY except that I omitted the nuts. The dough is so dry it won't hold together. I added 2 tbsp of water. I was expecting a much much nicer tasting and nicer looking cookie. I went with this recipe because of a) the reviews and b) the ratio of oatmeal to flour. Will. NEVER make them again. I got 6 dozen "buttons" about 1.5 " diameter. I see the other reviews and shake my head as to what went wrong. Maybe I should have added another egg or two but won't bother trying this recipe again. Sorry!
These cookies were really good. I had only half of the amount of chocolate chips so used
butterscotch chips with the chocolate chips. Yummy.
Just couldn't stay out of the cookie jar!
Delicious, and this is from someone who never cared for oatmeal cookies. My family loved them and so did I.
I am trying to find a new favorite chewy oatmeal cookie, this one is pretty good. I was curious about the affect of the instant vanilla pudding.. The cookies seem pretty sweet, I will probably try them again by the recipe and see if they are the same. I didn't add the nuts and I thought my dough was a little dry, but the chewy factor is there. They don't flatten much so I kind of pushed them down when they came out of the oven. It's a keeper for sure.
Excellent cookies. I made them as directed and they are wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.