Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Crazy about chocolate chips? This chewy cookie has plenty, not to mention lots of heart-healthy oatmeal. The gang’ll come back for more and more...so this big batch is perfect.
Menno, South Dakota
84 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix,
- baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium,