Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies Recipe
Back in the '30s, my grandmother found this recipe on a cereal box. For moist, flavorful oatmeal cookies, these can't be beat! They make a tasty snack that's convenient to take along on family outings.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into batter. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and raisins. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC