- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into batter. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and raisins. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
"Just about every recipe I have made from Taste of Home comes out very good...but not this one. Not very flavorful and dry. Not what I expected for a chocolate chip cookie."
"Made as is and they are not too sweet and very much like a muffin top. Mine do not look like the photo, they are an oatmeal raisin "cookie". My husband will love them with his coffee :)"
"The cookies are good but not much flavor. I would add coconut next time I think. They are easy to make and I like that as the ingredients are always in the cupboard!"
"These cookies are full of flavor, and they taste marvelous."
"Just made these for the first time and they are very good - have a light crumb like texture, like a muffin (not as sweet as cake). Not the rightrecipe 4 those who prefer a typical crispy or chewy oatmeal cookie. (due to no butter). Perfect 4 those who like soft and not too sweet though."