- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into batter. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and raisins. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Sort By :
"The cookies are good but not much flavor. I would add coconut next time I think. They are easy to make and I like that as the ingredients are always in the cupboard!"
"These cookies are full of flavor, and they taste marvelous."
"Just made these for the first time and they are very good - have a light crumb like texture, like a muffin (not as sweet as cake). Not the rightrecipe 4 those who prefer a typical crispy or chewy oatmeal cookie. (due to no butter). Perfect 4 those who like soft and not too sweet though."
"I am 17 years old, I made these for my friends a while ago. They LOVED them! I modified the recipe just a tad. I didn't put raisins in them, and I added peanut butter chips. They turned out VERY good, I make them often and I bring them to school to share with friends. I like how they are more cake-like and fluffly."
"I added a whole 12 oz bag of chips, 1 cup of raisins and 1 cup of chopped walnuts, then they were much better"