Chocolate Chip Oat Bars Recipe
In Sagamore Hills, Ohio, Kim Wills stirs up a big panful of these chewy oat squares loaded with nuts and chocolate chips. The sweet bars are easy to prepare, and they cut cleanly when cool to make serving a breeze.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Spread condensed milk evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Top with remaining oat mixture and pat lightly. Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC