In Sagamore Hills, Ohio, Kim Wills stirs up a big panful of these chewy oat squares loaded with nuts and chocolate chips. The sweet bars are easy to prepare, and they cut cleanly when cool to make serving a breeze.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Spread condensed milk evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Top with remaining oat mixture and pat lightly. Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Oat Bars in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p54
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review