Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Muffins(23)
Sort By :
These are delicious. Added 1/4 tbsp. of vanilla and made them even better. So good. Love this recipe! (:
I always make every muffin recipe "healthy". For this recipe I used 1/2 whole wheat flour, 1/2 white flour, chia seeds (about 1/2 cup), flax seed (about 1/2 cup), substituted cold pressed coconut oil (can buy at Costco- softened to the point of almost melted), and increased the milk to the point that the batter was thick but workable. These muffins turned out great. I tried the recipe in the original form as well and these were way better. My kids are picky and they can't eat these fast enough. I wrap individually in Saran and store in the freezer - pop in the microwave for a healthy breakfast!
The muffins are not muffin enough.they turned out like basically chocolate chip bread /cupcakes I'm gonna find a different recipe
These are great! Very simple and yummy. I changed the flour to 1/2 wheat flour (and 1/2 regular flour) which changes the taste a little, but it still tastes good! I also increased the milk to 1 cup as per the other reviewers' suggestions.
Love how easy the recipe is but it needs more milk and some vanilla. I wish i would have read reviews first so i would have added the extra milk