Chocolate Chip Muffins
"Both my daughters love these sweet muffins," reports Lori Thompson of New London, Texas. "I usually double the recipe so I have extras to keep in the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl,
- beat egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.