Chocolate Chip Molasses Cookies
This recipe originally came from my grandmother but I have altered it a bit to add my favorite: chocolate chips. They are not a traditional molasses cookie so even people who don't enjoy molasses like these cookies.Mellowdee Jae Brooks, Moscow, Idaho
90 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, sugar and molasses. Add eggs,
- one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in
- chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to
- wire racks. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 72 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.