Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the half-and-half, milk, whipped topping mix, extract and food coloring on high speed for 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate. Allow to firm up in refrigerator freezer for 24 hours before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
1/2 cup: 255 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream
"This is SO delicious!"
"This is the best ice cream ever! I used Andes baking chips and it was freaking awesome!"
"This is the best ice cream I've ever made! I used Ande's baking mints and it was freaking awesome!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.