Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream
Top off any meal in style with this creamy smooth concoction from Sandy Powers of Cranford, New Jersey.
7 ServingsPrep: 10 + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat the half-and-half, milk, whipped topping mix,
- extract and food coloring on high speed for 3 minutes. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate. Allow to firm up in
- refrigerator freezer for 24 hours before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 255 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.