Top off any meal in style with this creamy smooth concoction from Sandy Powers of Cranford, New Jersey.
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat the half-and-half, milk, whipped topping mix, extract and food coloring on high speed for 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate. Allow to firm up in refrigerator freezer for 24 hours before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p42
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review