Patricia Kaesta of Brockton, Massachusetts jazzes up a packaged cookie mix, then lets Junior Mints melt on top of the warm treats to create an easy frosting. "These delicious cookies are requested at every gathering," she says.
Featured In: 20 Heart-Shaped Recipes
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) Junior Mints
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, water, egg and oil. Stir in the chips and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; place one candy on each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks. When candy is melted, spread over cookie. Cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p47
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review