Patricia Kaesta of Brockton, Massachusetts jazzes up a packaged cookie mix, then lets Junior Mints melt on top of the warm treats to create an easy frosting. "These delicious cookies are requested at every gathering," she says.
Recommended: 20 Heart-Shaped Recipes
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) Junior Mints
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, water, egg and oil. Stir in the chips and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; place one candy on each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks. When candy is melted, spread over cookie. Cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p47
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review