Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
"Good, just doesn't make too many. Should double it."
"Like mini muffins for church coffee time. These were quit delicious. I did add 1/2 cup sour cream and they were very moist. Will make again."
"These little muffins are so delicious!! They're easy to make. I always have all the ingredients on hand. Plus everyone can't wait till they come out of the oven!"
"These muffins are soft and springy. Just don't use butter flavored Crisco as the shortening. Left a weird taste. But the muffin acted like store bought."
"made these the other day...reduced the amount of mini-chips to 1/2 c...got 2 1/2 dozen yield using level T. per muffin..."
"These were very yummy. My family gobbled them up. Next time I will have to make a double batch."
"These were so easy to make, I'm going to try substituting different mix-in and flavor combinations."