Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
These treats come heartily endorsed by Joanne Shew Chuk of St. Benedict, Saskatchewan. She relates, "I bake a lot of different muffins, but I use this recipe the most."
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda,
- baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased or paper-lined
- mini-muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for
- 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium,