Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Recipe
These treats come heartily endorsed by Joanne Shew Chuk of St. Benedict, Saskatchewan. She relates, "I bake a lot of different muffins, but I use this recipe the most."
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC