I bake a lot of different muffins, but this is the recipe I use the most. Their small size makes them hard to resist! —Joanne Shew Chuk, St. Benedict, Saskatchewan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p12
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review