Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chips and walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 173 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars
"From reading the reviews I reduced the amount of marshmallows and chocolate chips by a half cup. Turned out very good. Still sweet and delicious."
"This cookie is delicious, but very rich. However, if you like S'mores, you'll love it."
"When I took this recipe to a party, it was liked by a few, but it was just so rich that even the children were not very excited about eating it. It could not have been quicker, though, and I would recommend it to others to try and see if they like it."