Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chips and walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 173 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars
"From reading the reviews I reduced the amount of marshmallows and chocolate chips by a half cup. Turned out very good. Still sweet and delicious."
"My family Loves these bars! quick, Easy and oh so yummy!"
"This cookie is delicious, but very rich. However, if you like S'mores, you'll love it."
"When I took this recipe to a party, it was liked by a few, but it was just so rich that even the children were not very excited about eating it. It could not have been quicker, though, and I would recommend it to others to try and see if they like it."