- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars
"Yummy and easy cookie bar recipe that my children loved. The copy of this recipe that I have shows it pictured with chocolate frosting and nuts, but I made it as described in the recipe (without the toppings) and it was still very rich (and tasty!)"
"From reading the reviews I reduced the amount of marshmallows and chocolate chips by a half cup. Turned out very good. Still sweet and delicious."
"My family Loves these bars! Quick, Easy and oh so yummy!"
"This cookie is delicious, but very rich. However, if you like S'mores, you'll love it."