Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans. Shape into a 9-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 20 cookies.
2 each: 170 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies
"Hi asdf33,The recipe is correct as written. As ak4ever points out, these are a wonderful crisp cookie.Thanks for stopping by.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"Should the recipe be using "baking powder" rather than baking soda?I don't see any acidic ingredients to work with baking soda."
"I LOVE crispy cookies...these are so good. Reminded me of the 'chips ahoy' cookies. If you enjoy cookies that are crisp and melt in your mouth...make these NOW"