Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies Recipe
Putting chocolate chips in these refrigerator cookies make them deliciously different. This treat is always welcome at my house.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans. Shape into a 9-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 20 cookies.
1 serving (2 each) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC