- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans. Shape into a 9-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 20 cookies.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p270
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2011
"I LOVE crispy cookies...these are so good. Reminded me of the 'chips ahoy' cookies. If you enjoy cookies that are crisp and melt in your mouth...make these NOW"