- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans. Shape into a 9-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 20 cookies.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p270
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2011
I LOVE crispy cookies...these are so good. Reminded me of the 'chips ahoy' cookies. If you enjoy cookies that are crisp and melt in your mouth...make these NOW