Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
I got the recipe for this pie from my Mom, but I changed the crust to cookie dough. Because the crust will harden after being frozen, a great way to cut through the pie layers is to dip a knife in hot water first, wipe the knife off and then cut. Repeat the process if needed.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- Cut cookie dough in half widthwise; let one half stand at room
- temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften (save the other half for
- another use). Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an
- ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12-16
- minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and syrup. Spoon half of the ice
- cream into crust. Cover and freezer for 1 hour. Drizzle with 1/4 cup
- syrup mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 340 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.