Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie Recipe
I got the recipe for this pie from my Mom, but I changed the crust to cookie dough. Because the crust will harden after being frozen, a great way to cut through the pie layers is to dip a knife in hot water first, wipe the knife off and then cut. Repeat the process if needed.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- Cut cookie dough in half widthwise; let one half stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften (save the other half for another use). Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and syrup. Spoon half of the ice cream into crust. Cover and freezer for 1 hour. Drizzle with 1/4 cup syrup mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >