- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla frosting and yellow food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack
- Use a knife to cut into squares or cookie cutters to cut into shapes. Tint frosting if desired; frost bars. Store in an airtight container or wrap bars individually in foil or waxed paper. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Sort By :
I have had requests from my daughters teachers to make these again for the class. The kids love them and when they are gone they ask to make them again!
I used this recipe with a group of kids and they all loved them. My son has a relatively severe diary allergy, so I did 1/2 recipe with his non-dairy flax seed butter alternative and no chocolate chips. They still taste great, but they are not chewy at all like the other regular butter version. I guess now I know why the grocery stores don't have any dairy-free soft and chewy granola bars available. The dairy must make them soft! The frosting is totally not needed. I gave the kids the choice and most frosted one bar and preferred the non-frosted ones. Our kids don't need extra sugar when it's unnecessary!