Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Recipe
Deena McCarter of Coronach, Saskatchewan says kids will gobble up her grab-and-go granola bars.
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla frosting and yellow food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack
- 2. Use a knife to cut into squares or cookie cutters to cut into shapes. Tint frosting if desired; frost bars. Store in an airtight container or wrap bars individually in foil or waxed paper. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC