Chocolate Chip Graham Bars Recipe
These moist chewy bars are a satisfying snack any time of day. Packed with oats, chocolate chips, crunchy peanuts and graham cereal, they have something for everyone. -Sandi Michalski, Macy, Indiana
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Golden Grahams, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cereal, 3/4 cup oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts and 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle over the top with remaining oats and chips.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC