- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Golden Grahams, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cereal, 3/4 cup oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts and 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle over the top with remaining oats and chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Graham Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p27
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Graham Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2016
"Good graham bar. Easy. Nice addition to my cookie recipe collection."
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2015
"Easy good dessert bars."
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2014
"Just made these and they are moist, chewy, and delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2008
"These are the best cookie bars but I had misplaced my recipe. I am so relieved it's here!"