- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1-2 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture. Add flour; beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar or freeze. Brownies may be frozen for up to 6 months. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownies in Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers 2009, p237
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2016
"Very tasty but oh, so greasy. Next time I'll use less butter. Perhaps only one stick. Way, WAY too oily!"
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2015
"I love this recipe! It melts in your mouth!!!"