Chocolate Chip Fruitcake
"Chocolate chips temp even those who don't care for fruitcake to try this one," says Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and
- salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans, dates,
- cherries and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in.
- loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until golden
- brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 304 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.