Chocolate Chip Fruitcake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans, dates, cherries and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 304 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Fruitcake
"This is one of my favorites at Christmas and Thanksgiving. Thank you for the recipe."
"yes i would make it again i love fruit cake it is very good with chocolate chips"