"Chocolate chips temp even those who don't care for fruitcake to try this one," says Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans, dates, cherries and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Fruitcake in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p8
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Fruitcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2014
"This is one of my favorites at Christmas and Thanksgiving. Thank you for the recipe."
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2011
"yes i would make it again i love fruit cake it is very good with chocolate chips"