Chocolate Chip Dutch Baby Recipe
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- DUTCH BABY:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup and additional butter, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and brown sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the flour, eggs, cream, nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth.
- 2. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Heat at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into hot pie plate. Sprinkle with chocolate chip mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top edges are golden brown. Serve immediately with syrup and butter if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 313 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Dutch Baby
"Yummy with coffee!"
"My family really enjoyed this. We did not add any syrup, it was sweet enough w/o it."
"This was WAY TOO SWEET!!! I even made it with milk instead of half and half to lessen the richness of it. My kids loved it but what kids don't love a ton of sugar for breakfast? Yuck! Will not be making it again."