Chocolate Chip Dutch Baby Recipe
"I modified a traditional Dutch baby recipe given to me by a friend to come up with this version my family thinks is terrific," says Mary Thompson, LaCrosse, Wisconsin. "You'll be surprised at how easy it is to make."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- DUTCH BABY:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup and additional butter, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and brown sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the flour, eggs, cream, nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth.
- 2. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Heat at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into hot pie plate. Sprinkle with chocolate chip mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top edges are golden brown. Serve immediately with syrup and butter if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece equals 313 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC