Chocolate Chip Dutch Baby
"I modified a traditional Dutch baby recipe given to me by a friend to come up with this version my family thinks is terrific," says Mary Thompson, LaCrosse, Wisconsin. "You'll be surprised at how easy it is to make."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- DUTCH BABY:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup and additional butter, optional
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the flour, eggs, cream, nutmeg and cinnamon
- until smooth.
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Heat at 425° for 4-6 minutes
- or until melted. Pour batter into hot pie plate. Sprinkle with
- chocolate chip mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top edges
- are golden brown. Serve immediately with syrup and butter if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 313 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.