- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate or vanilla frosting
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional chips if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I decided to use white cake mix and coconut cream pudding. I only used egg whites, so my cupcakes would be Snow White with mini chocolate chips. The coconut flavor didn't really come through, but it didn't matter. The cupcakes were yummy! I used a can of whipped butter cream frosting and sprinkled mini chips on top. These were quick and easy to make. My family enjoyed them and I will be making again using vanilla pudding. Thank you for the recipe!"
"Very moist cupcakes! I made them for a 2-year-old birthday party and decorated them like Cookie Monster. I got 24 cupcakes from this recipe."
"Easy to make and loved by pretty much everyone who tried them."
"I made these in heart shaped muffin tins, added strawberry extract to the batter and tinted the frosting pink! Very Valentiney & delicious!"
"They were good a little to sweet for me but my kids loved them. I also work for a Alzheimer home and will make this recipe for about 40 people. The recipe is very quick and easy and budget friendly."