Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
These crowd-pleasing cupcakes are quick, moist and yummy! —Paula Zsiray, Logan, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate or vanilla frosting
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional chips if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without additional chips) equals 215 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC