Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate or vanilla frosting
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional chips if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 215 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
"I decided to use white cake mix and coconut cream pudding. I only used egg whites, so my cupcakes would be Snow White with mini chocolate chips. The coconut flavor didn't really come through, but it didn't matter. The cupcakes were yummy! I used a can of whipped butter cream frosting and sprinkled mini chips on top. These were quick and easy to make. My family enjoyed them and I will be making again using vanilla pudding. Thank you for the recipe!"
"Very moist cupcakes! I made them for a 2-year-old birthday party and decorated them like Cookie Monster. I got 24 cupcakes from this recipe."
"Easy to make and loved by pretty much everyone who tried them."
"I made these in heart shaped muffin tins, added strawberry extract to the batter and tinted the frosting pink! Very Valentiney & delicious!"
"They were good a little to sweet for me but my kids loved them. I also work for a Alzheimer home and will make this recipe for about 40 people. The recipe is very quick and easy and budget friendly."
"Very moist and yummy and the flavor excellant! Family and friends loved them."
"Bake for less time than indicated, at 18 minutes they were overcooked. Overall very tasty and moist.Toni NykanenRochester Hills, MI"
"I made a double batch of the chocolate chip cupcakes for a pot luck dinner - was a big success, very moist and had several request for the recipe - thanks for sharing! Mary Lee Tharp/Lady Lake, Fl"
"No-Stick Muffin Liners.I use silcone cupcake liners when baking cupcakes, they peel right off & are easy to wash & reuse.Also, I use Circulon cupcake bakeware, does not need any liners and the cupcakes fall right out, the same goes for their cake tins, pie plates & cookie sheets, slides right off. Sharon Johnson-Spokane, Washington."
"These cupcakes worked great and were a big hit with my colleagues at work. I used vanilla as well as triple chocolate chip frosting, and dipped both in the mini chips as well! The mini chips really work better in cupcakes than the standard size, I think."
"If you use about a Tblsp of the cake mix the chips will stay put"
"Try tossing the chocolate chips in a little bit of flour before stirring them into the batter. Sometimes that helps."
"get a little flour and roll in them and you will not have any problem."
"Is there a problem with the chips sinking to the bottom when baking? If so, how do you keep them from sinking?"