In this recipe from a cousin, potato chips add crunch while oats make them chewy. It's a fun twist to traditional chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Combine milk and vinegar; add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and potato chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Crispies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p104
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Crispies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review