- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and egg. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars
Sort By :
"Wonderful! I used regular cream cheese, rather than the low fat. I rarely cook or bake with anything low fat, as my husband and I are not overweight, and we rarely eat out or eat fast food. These bars are great and I will make them again!!!"
"Made this yesterday. Very good; rich. I used a 9x9 pan and it was perfect! I do plan on saving this recipe and making it again."
"These are really simple to make and completely delicious!"
"Made this for a family dinner and it was a huge hit. Have made it several times since then, and will be making it again tonight for a church dinner. Super easy, quick prep and very tasty!"
"I really had trouble making the crumb mixture and getting it stirred. I mixed them cream cheese and crumb mixture together. It tasted good, but certainly did not look like the picture. I am going to look for a similar recipe to make."