Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and egg. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 187 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.